Food Production Processor/Operative
There are no specific entry requirements. But an appropriate qualification in food technology or similar is advisable for career progression. National 5’s in English, Maths and a Science is also recommended. Apprenticeships are available.
- follow instructions,
- understand health and safety issues.
- Monitor quality of product.
- Ensure strict hygiene and safety rules are followed.
- Prepare, mix ingredients according to recipe and company’s guidelines.
- Receive and store raw ingredients appropriately.
- Operate food processing equipment.
- Package, label and store food appropriately.
- Maintain cleanliness of working area.
Working Hours, Patterns and Environment
In a factory, wearing special clothing.
There are also careers in catering in kitchens and restaurants.
This could lead to supervisory roles and factory management with increased pay and responsibilities.