A university degree is usually required in engineering or a related subject.
Apprenticeships are available requiring National 5s (including Maths and English) or Highers.
IT skills, problem solving, mathematical, multi-tasking, teamwork.
· Meeting potential clients on site.
· Assessing construction site.
· Designing installation or construction using CAD
· Calculating costs and quoting for work.
· Consulting with other professions in the construction team.
· Supervising construction phase.
· Managing budget.
· Maintaining communication with clients and multi-disciplinary team.
Working Hours, Patterns and Environment
In an office and on site.
With experience, you could move into a high level management level, consultancy, or international work.