Agricultural engineer (civil)
A minimum of National 5’s including Maths and Physics if entering an apprenticeship.
Progressing to HND (Highers required if applying directly to HNC or HNC).
A degree in civil engineering
Mathematical, analyse ddata, problem solving, ability to explain ideas, project management
· Planning the project with the client
· Analysing client’s requirements and drawing up plans using CAD
· Assessing risks including environmental risks.
· Quoting for the work to be done.
· Supervising the construction process
Working Hours, Patterns and Environment
On site and in office.
With experience and chartered status, you could move to the top of your profession and work internationally - see the Institution of Agricultural Engineers for more details.